The beverage director/bartender will be responsible for setting up bar, clean up, and close/lock up all bar-related items. Must have the ability to mix alcoholic beverages in accordance with proper mixology. Wine knowledge and previous experience required. Must also be able to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays, and any hours needed. Must have a sommelier certification and manage the wine list, including all beverages (beer, wine, liquor, creating and implementing specialty cocktails).
- Take reservations using Open Table
- Cleaning areas of the restaurant – Bar, Patio
- Must have general knowledge of Charleston area to better assist guests with directions and recommendations.
- Knowledgeable about the preparation and ingredients of every selection on the menu and every cocktail
- Must have wine knowledge to better assist guests as they navigate the wine list
- Closeout Duties to include: Cleaning side work, polishing of glassware, re-stocking the bar, closeout paperwork, etc.
- Manage the wine list (meet with wine reps to find wines for the list, order wines/liquor/beer, inventory beverages, reprint list when changes are made)
- Inventory beverages at end of the month
- Focus on and implement procedures to meet beverage cost goals
The beverage director/bartender reports directly to the Restaurant Manager. In the absence of the Restaurant Manager, the bartender takes direction from the Office Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Must be able to work weeknights and weekends
- Experience using the Aloha Point of Sale System is a plus
- Must be able to stand for up to 9 hours per shift
- Must have experience bartending
- Must have sommelier certification
- Professional, outgoing, and friendly personality
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance with Health Department standards for Food Service Employees.
- The ability to work as a team with a fluid result
Must have two years bartending experience. Must possess a Sommelier certification. Salary is $64,000 to $70,000 /year Email resume to Mark Severs at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.